Beware The Chalkpit landed this year’s SEIB Racehorse to Riding Horse show class in the main arena of the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials.
Winner of more than £9,500, the 13-year-old was trained by Jonathan Geake and came out of training in 2015. He and his rider Rebecca have already qualified for the SEIB Racehorse to Riding Horse final and the open riding horse final at the Horse of the Year Show on a previous outing.
Second place went to Yvonne Botham’s 12-year-old Royal Rock, ridden by Oliver Hood. The gelding enjoyed a successful career on the track with Chris Wall, earning more than £184,000 in prize money before coming out of training in 2014.
Twenty entries came forward for the class, now in its sixth year in the main arena and one of the most popular of the R2R qualifiers.
“We always have a wait list for this venue – simply because everyone wants to experience the joy of riding in the main arena at Burghley,” said SEIB spokesperson Nicolina McKenzie who initiated the series and is extremely proud of the way the series has developed.
“We have a line up of beautiful horses all beautifully schooled and that’s what we want to see.”
1. Beware Chalk Pit, ridden by Rebecca Court and owned by Rebecca Court & Ann Leftly
2. Royal Rock, ridden by Oliver Hood and owned by Yvonne Botham
3. Valentine Jack, owned and ridden by Donna Bamonte
4. What Of It, ridden by Hannah Horton and owned by Sarah Ward
5. The Lodge Road, ridden and owned by Charlotte Salisbury
6. Renewed Challenge, ridden by Rebecca Ward and owned by Martin & Wendy Ward