Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials (LRBHT) is fully committed to focussing on the environment and endeavours to deliver an event with the least amount of environmental impact as possible.
Taking into account every aspect of both the event itself and the administration office, we are developing systems and innovative solutions across key areas such as energy, transport, purchasing and waste. In addition, we are working with our contractors and suppliers to reduce their environmental impact as well as our own.
Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials (LRBHT) recognises that all businesses impact on the environment in a variety of different ways. As such, we are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance and have identified the following key impacts associated with the event:
- Production and disposal of items for the event and administration office
- Supplier and contractor processes
- Waste disposal
- Consumption of energy, water and other resources
- Packaging materials used by suppliers and contractors
LRBHT is committed to working to reduce the environmental impact of the items listed above. In order to do this we work with our staff, suppliers, investors, contractors, regulatory bodies and neighbours to achieve the following objectives;
- Meet, and where possible, exceed all environmental regulations relevant to our organisation and its activities.
- Increase cost-effectiveness by reducing our consumption of energy and raw materials
- Reduce waste, pollution and noise both locally and in the wider environment
- Systematically assess all aspects of our company and set targets for measurable annual improvements
- Make our progress available for independent assessment
The introduction and implementation of this policy is a commitment of LRBHT management and a shared responsibility with our employees. The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organisation’s overall environment management plan.