Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials (LRBHT) endeavour to organise and deliver an event with the least amount of environmental impact as possible.
Working through every aspect of the event and our all year round office, we are developing systems and innovative solutions across key areas such as energy, transport, purchasing and waste. We are working with our contractors and suppliers to reduce their impact as well as our own.
Equal attention and action is given to sustainability and environmental issues throughout the office as well as the planning stages, the build, the event itself, the breakdown and the debriefings each year.
LRBHT are fully committed to sustainability and environmental issues and is aiming long term to exceed best practice.
An Environmental/Sustainability Co-ordinator is nominated to focus on sustainability and environmental issues and develop innovative solutions.
Apart from the immediate benefit in ‘going green’ we hope that LRBHT’s focus on sustainable practices will impact the industry through our suppliers and contractors.
LRBHT are also part of ‘Investors in the Environment’ and have been awarded GREEN stamp of approval at Silver level.
Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials (LRBHT) recognise that all businesses impact on the environment in a variety of different ways. As such we are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
We have identified the following key environmental impacts associated with the organisation and during the Event:
- Production and disposal of items for the event/office
- Supplier and Contractor Issues
- Waste Disposal
- Consumption of Energy, Water and other resources
- Packaging Materials used by Suppliers and Contractors
- Transport – delivery to office/event – transport during the event
The Organisation is committed to reducing these and other impacts and to the continual improvement of our environmental performance. LRBHT have been awarded Investors in the Environment Silver accreditation (2013).
We are committed to working with our staff, suppliers, investors, contractors, regulatory bodies and neighbours to achieve the following objectives;
- Meet and where possible exceed all environmental regulations relevant to our organisation and its activities.
- Increase cost-effectiveness by reducing our consumption of energy and raw materials
- Reduce waste, pollution and noise both locally and in the wider environment
- Systematically assess all aspects of our company
- Set targets for measurable annual improvements
- Make our progress available for independent assessment.
It is the responsibility of all employees, visitors and contractors to fully support this policy whenever possible through active participation and co-operation.
This environmental policy will be displayed at all times and is openly available to all members of the public via our website – www.burghley-horse.co.uk
The introduction and implementation of this policy is a commitment of LRBHT management and a shared responsibility with our employees. Sol Sunnarvik has designated responsibility for day-to-day implementation of this policy.
The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organisations overall environment management plan.