Friday, August 31, 2007 20:14 GMT
JO AND CLAYTON LEAD MOUNTAIN HORSE CHALLENGE
Running within The Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials competition is the Mountain Horse International Challenge – a competition for pairs of riders.
After the First Horse Inspection the top ten highest ranked British riders were paired in reverse order with the top ten ‘rest of the world’ riders. (ie the number 1 ranked British rider was paired with the number 10 ‘rest of the world rider’). The rider rankings were taken from the FEI World Rankings as published on 28 August 2007.
The pair’s scores are added together to determine their placings in this competition. After the finals day’s show jumping the winning pair will receive £1,250 each and a pair of Mountain Horse boots, quick release stirrups and a Mountain Horse rug.
British rider Jo May and Faere Vision, 11th after dressage, who are contesting Burghley for the first time and current dressage leader Clayton Fredericks and Nullabor lead the pairs competition.
After dressage the placings in the Mountain Horse International Challenge are:
1) Faere Vision (J May – GBR) & Nullabor (C Fredericks – AUS) 86.2
2) Paris (P French – GBR) & Master Monarch (A Hoy – AUS) 90.4
3) Shaabrak (L Wiegersma – GBR) & Bonza Katoomba (M Ryan – AUS) 90.6
4) Ardfield Magic Star (Z Phillips – GBR) & Lenamore (C Powell – NZ) 96.6
5) Jester’s Quest (G Tattersall – GBR) & Lord Killinghurst (A Nicholson – NZ) 98.5
6) Balincoola (W Fox-Pitt – GBR) & Black Andy (J Meyer – NZ) 106.6