Country: Great Britain
Michael is a riding instructor from Malpas in Cheshire. He first sprung to prominence aged 21 when he made his four-star debut at Burghley with Perks of the Job, who he acquired when he was 17 and brought through the levels from a five-year-old. With Perks of the Job he made his Badminton debut aged 23 in 2002. He then acquired the six-year-old King Bob with whom he also got to Badminton but failed to complete. King Bob is now ridden by Young Rider Ludwig Svennerstal.
In February last year Michael made his racing debut a winning one, when winning an Amateur riders handicap at Wolverhampton with Albero Di Giuda.
Michael trains with grand prix dressage rider Spencer Wilton.
The Highland Prince is by the Irish Thoroughbred Highland Flight out Ballycullen Girl, who is by the Thoroughbred Rimilis (sire of Regulus). He was acquired as a six-year-old from Lancashire Irish importer and dealer Doug Aldred.
- 2011 – Badminton CCI**** 29th The Highland Prince
- 2010 – Blenheim CCI*** 22nd The Highland Prince
- 2010 – Bramham CCI*** 11th The Highland Prince
- 2010 – Chatsworth CIC*** 13th
- 2009 - Blenheim CCI*** 15th King Bob
- 2009 - Blair Castle CCI*** 11th The Highland Prince
- 2009 - Bramham CCI*** 22nd The Highland Prince