Country: Great Britain
Irish rider Mark Kyle has been based in England since 1999. With his wife, Tanya (née Liddle), he runs a training yard in Wymeswold, Leicestershire. Both Mark’s parents represented Ireland in eventing and Mark, a former Under-21 Irish international, won bronze medals at Junior and Young Rider level. In 1997 he made his senior debut selected for the European Championships (Irish Patriot – 31st) and the 1998 World Equestrian Games in Rome (Irish Patriot).
In 2003 Mark overcome a broken ankle to be selected for the Punchestown European Championships (17th) and was second of the Irish. The following year he competed in the Olympic Games in Athens and in 2005 the European Championships at Blenheim. Last year with Step in Time Mark was a member of the Irish team at WEG.
Mark also competes internationally in show jumping with several horses including Drunken Disorderly, a horse originally bought and ridden by Tanya with who she was long-listed for the Sydney Olympics.
Mark has enjoyed success in the Eventers grand prix at Hickstead and the British Open indoor XC Championships which they have won three times (’06, ’09 & ’10).
Mark and Tanya have a daughter, Tabitha (4).
- 2011 – Bramham CCI*** 11th Coolio, 15th Just Otto
- 2010 – Pau CCI***8 15th Nitetime Cavalier
- 2010 – WEG Lexington 41st Step In Time
- 2010 – British Open indoor XC 1st Drunken Disorderly
- 2009 – Pau CCI**** 16th Nitetime Cavalier, 24th Step in Time
- 2009 – Blair Castle CCI*** 6th Willow Fairgreen Attraction, 7th Step in Time, 13th Nitetime Cavalier
- 2009 – Scone Palace CIC** 1st Coolio, 2nd Just Otto, 10th Bobstay
- 2009 – Saumur CCI*** 36th Step in Time
- 2008 – Blair Castle 8th Step In Time
- 2008 – Chatsworth CIC***W 16th Step in Time
- 2005 – Blenheim Eu Ch 29th Drunken Disorderly
- 2004 – Olympic Games 21st Drunken Disorderly
- 2004 – Burghley 15th Drunken Disorderly
- 2004 – Thirlestane CCI*** 5th
- 2003 – Punchestown Eu Ch 17th Drunken Disorderly
- 2002 – Burghley 26th Drunken Disorderly