Country: Great Britain
Piggy (Georgina) French is a professional rider and has recently relocated to Maidwell, Northamptonshire having been based just over the border in Lubenham, Leicestershire for the last eight years.
She is a member of the UK World Class Squad, a European silver medal winner 2009, member of the 2010 British WEG squad, member of the medal winning British European Championship team 2011, winner of the Olympic Test Event and a past Young Rider team gold medal winner and U25 Champion.
In 2012 Piggy was short-listed and selected for the British Olympic team but had to withdraw just two weeks before due to injury to DHI Topper. She was also selected for this year’s European Championships with Tinka’s Time but also had to withdraw.
With Rebecca Finch’s Flintlock II, Piggy achieved her break-through winning Young Rider team gold (2001) and competing at her first Badminton in 2003. In 2004 she won the national Under-25 championship (Which Way II).
After a successful season in 2009 she gained her first senior flag when selected as an individual for the European Championships and won individual silver with Some Day Soon. In 2010 she was selected with Jakata to contest the World Equestrian Games and the pair were 16th. In 2011 she celebrated her first major three-day win after winning the 3* international at Blenheim with DHI Topper W with who she had won the Olympic Test Event at Greenwich – she was also runner up at Badminton with Jakata and the pair was then selected for the British team for the European Championships at Luhmuhlen gaining 9th place individually and a team bronze.
Piggy comes from a horsey family – her Mother, Kate and sister Nina have both also competed in the sport. She ran her first yard while based at home in Norfolk producing young horses for the sport.
Westwood Mariner, owned by Kate French, Susie Wood and Susan Wrighton, was previously ridden by Polly Stockton with whom he was 21st at Burghley last year. He was acquired for Piggy at the beginning of the 2013 season.
He is a 12-year-old ISH by the Thoroughbred Cult Hero out of a mare by the Thoroughbred Forties Field.
- 2013 – Barbury Castle CIC2* 7th Westwood Mariner
- 2013 – Barbury Castle CIC3* 1st Tinkas Tie
- 2013 – Bramham CCI3* Ret Westwood Mariner
- 2013 – Chatsworth CIC3* 41 Westwood Mariner
- 2013 – Saumur CCI3* 4th Tinkas Time
- 2013 – Burnham Market CIC3* 2nd Tinka’s Time, 3rd Jakata
- 2012 – Boekelo CCI3* 6th West Side
- 2012 – Blenheim CIC3* 7th West Side, 8th Kiltealy Brief
- 2012 – Houghton Hall CICO3* 1st Jakata
- 2012 – Houghton Hall CIC3* 17th DHI Topper W
- 2012 – Burnham Market CIC3* 2nd DHI Topper W, 4th Jakata
- 2011 – Le Lions D’Angers CCI2* 3rd Kiltealy Brief
- 2011 – Blenheim CCI3* 1st DHI Topper
- 2011 – Luhmuhlen CH-EU-CCI3* 9th Jakata
- 2011 – Olympic Test Event 1st DHI Topper W
- 2011 – Luhmuhlen CCI4* 4th Flying Machine
- 2011 – Saumur CCI3* 3rd DHI Topper
- 2011 – Badminton CCI4* 2nd Jakata
- 2011 – Burnham Market CIC3* 1st DHI Topper W
- 2010 – Lexington WEG 16th Jakata
- 2010 – Hartpury CIC3* 1st Jakata
- 2010 – Bramham CCI3* 3rd Jakata
- 2010 – Chatsworth CIC3*W 23rd Some Day Soon
- 2010 – Burnham Market CIC3* 2nd Some Day Soon
- 2009 – Fontainebleau – Eu-Ch-CCI3* 2nd (Some Day Soon)
- 2009 – Bramham CCI3* 3rd (Some Day Soon)
- 2009 – Blenheim CIC3* 8/9 1st (Flying Machine)
- 2009 – Blair Castle CCI2* 3rd (Picasso)
- 2009 – Barbury Castle CIC3* 6th What a Performance, 8th (Chase The Moon)
- 2008 – Bramham CCI3* 7th (What a Performance)
- 2007 – Le Lions D’Angers CCI** 1st (Cast Away)
- 2007 – Burghley CCI4* 12th (Paris)
- 2003 – Badminton 31st (Flintlock II)