British-born Lucinda (née Murray), who is married to rider Clayton Fredericks, was selected for the 2008 Olympic Games in Hong Kong where husband and wife both won team silver for Australia. Lucinda’s pink colours first came to prominence over 20 years ago. A former British Junior and Young Rider team member, she first rode at four-star level with Welton Fairgame and with the grey, Arctic Goose, was sixth at Badminton in 1992.
Lucinda then produced several horses; Just Jeremy II, Simply Red, Beacon Hill, Dalliance and Tina’s Gold and her mother’s mare Azupa Gazelle who was also competed to grand prix in pure dressage and with whom she was long-listed for the 2000 Olympics.
In 2002 she took the ride on the 15.2hh mare Headley Britannia (aka ‘Little Brit’) with who she made history – the pair not only won Burghley (2006) and Badminton (2007) back-to-back but also added Lexington (2009) to their four-star spoils and Little Brit became the first mare to win three four-star events. Lucinda and Clayton run Team Fredericks from their Wiltshire yard. They have one daughter, Ellie.
German-bred Prada by the Oldenburg Pik Junior was bought from her breeder and brought through the grades by Lucinda.
- 2011 – Chatsworth CIC*** 3rd The Navigator
- 2011 – Badminton CCI**** 16th Prada
- 2011 – Fontainebleau CCI*** 22nd Flying Finish, 23rd Prada
- 2010 – Ligniere CCI** 1st Nysa de Petra
- 2010 – Blenheim CCI*** 9th Prada
- 2010 – Barbury CIC*** 5th Prada
- 2009 – Lexington CCI****1st Headley Britannia
- 2008 – Hong Kong 26th Headley Britannia
- 2007 – Le Lions D’Angers CCI** 3rd Prada